What is Gift of Life?
Gift of Life-AZ is a nonprofit tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization administered by participating Rotarians and friends for the purpose of providing open-heart surgery to needy children worldwide.
The mission of Gift of Life-AZ program is to provide medical care and support for needy children and their families world wide who are suffering from congenital heart defects.
- The program has provided the means for over 320 needy children from 24 different countries, 29 of which are from the USA, to have successful open heart surgery.
- Provided medical equipment and supplies to both local and foreign hospitals.
- Provided training and education to doctors in foreign countries.
- Funded continuing education for local pediatric cardiac care nurses.
- Funded a clinical study of Phoenix-area children with cardiac defects.